When it comes to selecting the best door for your home or office, we often find ourselves in a maze of options. Traditionally, wooden doors have always been a go-to choice for many homeowners because of their aesthetic appeal and timeless elegance.
However, in recent years, another contender has been making huge waves in the market, assuring style and durability without compromising on eco-friendliness – the Wood Polymer Composite (WPC) doors.
This innovative product has completely transformed the door industry, giving traditional wooden doors a run for their money. If you are somebody who values aesthetics and sustainability, then WPC Doors is an ideal pick for you.
Let’s get deep inside it to know how WPC doors fare against wooden doors and why they can potentially be a better choice.
What Are WPC Doors?
WPC or Wooden Plastic Composite door is the best choice of door, which has a unique composition of thermoplastic(s) and wooden materials. Generally, WPC doors are non-toxic, eco-friendly, and display higher strength and durability. These kinds of doors can also be used as interior and exterior doors.
The WPC doors help you to enjoy your entry doors’ without compromising on the aesthetics and appearance. The Wooden Plastic Composite specialty is that as they are eco-friendly, such doors can be recycled very easily.
Types of WPC Doors:
- Full WPC Doors
- Filled WPC Doors
- Shaving WPC Doors
Uses and Applications of WPC Doors
The high resistance and durability to humidity, temperatures, and termites actually make WPC boards quite a suitable choice for different exterior and interior applications.
WPC doors exterior applications include swimming pool, park benches, garden furniture, windows, outdoor paneling, planter boxes, WPC doors, prefabrication house, and outdoor deck flooring
WPC boards have even interior applications like modular kitchens, wardrobes, wall paneling, door and window frames, railings, bathroom cabinets, industrial sections, and office furniture.
WPC boards are commercially used in advertising. Additionally, they are also used to make signboards, graphics, exhibition stands, and even display boards.
Advantages of WPC Doors
- One critical benefit of WPC doors is their resistance to humidity and moisture.
- Compared to wooden doors, WPC won’t swell, rot, or wrap when it is exposed to moisture and changes in temperature.
- Perfect for areas like the kitchen, bathroom, and areas with higher humidity levels.
- WPC doors don’t need any painting or varnishing job and can be cleaned very easily with a damp cloth and mild detergent.
- WPC doors need very minimal maintenance.
- WPC doors provide good insulation properties, thus helping to reduce energy consumption and maintain indoor temperature.
- WPC doors come in many different designs, sizes, and finishes that will suit various architectural styles and needs.
- WPC doors are resistant to cracking, fading, and UV rays, thus ensuring lasting aesthetics even when it is exposed to sunlight.
- WPC doors save money and time in maintenance and upkeep than wooden doors.
What Are Wooden Doors?
Wooden doors are the traditional types of doors made from wood. They need regular maintenance and are much heavier.
These kinds of doors are durable because of which they are mostly used as entry doors in homes. In addition, wooden doors are also used as interior doors since they enhance the appearance of your home interiors.
Wooden doors don’t have a lot of variety compared to WPC doors and are not as dynamic as composite doors. But, due to their natural wood and strength, many homeowners prefer wooden doors.
Types of Wooden Doors:
- Solid core doors
- Hollow core doors
- Solid wood doors
Benefits of Wooden Doors
- Wooden doors have a timeless and natural appeal that can complement any architectural and interior design style.
- Wooden doors are easy to customize in terms of size, design, and finish.
- Wooden doors provide good sound insulation.
- Wooden is a bit expensive but increases the overall value of a property because of its looks and durability.
To conclude, WPC doors outshine wooden doors in terms of water resistance, durability, cost-effectiveness, eco-friendliness, and insulation.
Despite the aesthetic appeal of wooden doors, there are many benefits of WPC doors that provide a more compelling reason for business and homeowners to select them over traditional wooden doors.
Making the right choice not only adds value to your property but also reduces maintenance hassle and contributes positively to environmental conservation.
Ultimately, if you are in the market for doors, selecting WPC doors over wood will be the most practical, sensible, and sustainable choice.