Those days are gone when ceilings were the most neglected aspect of home decor. With more and more aesthetic consciousness of homeowners and designers alike, the interior designing industry is constantly churning out trendy solutions for ceilings.
Check out false ceilings, the current popular selection among designers and homeowners, and you will be left with an amazing range of options such as PVC or Polyvinyl Chloride and POP or Plaster of Paris to consider.
What Exactly is a False Ceiling?
False ceilings not only embellish your living spaces but even serve to conceal cables, ducts, and any unattractive structural components of your ceilings. However, it is not only about the looks, these ceiling options improve acoustics and provide insulation. So, let’s explore two common options – PVC and POP – and evaluate their potential.
What is PVC False Ceiling?
PVC or Polyvinyl Chloride false ceilings are becoming a go-to option for many people because of their amazing benefits. This option makes use of PVC sheets, a synthetic plastic polymer that is fixed onto a metal frame. The PVC false ceilings stand out as they are waterproof, durable, and resistant to damage.
Advantages of PVC False Ceiling
To encourage the inclination towards PVC, it is very important to highlight some of the benefits:
- Low Maintenance: Unlike various other choices, PVC false ceilings need very minimal upkeep. Being resistant to moisture, they do not invite mold and mildew. Also, they will be cleaned very easily with a damp cloth.
- Varied Designs: PVC panels are accessible in many shades and designs that will cater to different aesthetic preferences, offering you complete freedom to style your space uniquely.
- Easy to Install: PVC ceiling installation isn’t very cumbersome process as one may think. It will be fixed conveniently without a lot of disruption to your space.
- Cost Effective: Given their low maintenance and longevity, PVC ceilings prove to be a highly cost-effective solution in the long run.
What is POP False Ceiling?
POP or Plaster of Paris has been used in the creation of ornamental elements and isn’t new to false ceilings. POP false ceilings are designed with an application of POP on the chicken mesh offering its desired design and shapes.
Advantages of POP False Ceiling
Even POP comes with several benefits, let us consider a few notable ones:
- Versatility: The malleability of POP makes it highly suitable for creating a wide range of intricate designs.
- Seamless Look: POP will create a very polished and smooth look that is often desirable in formal settings.
Which is a Better Option?
Even though both PVC and POP present some notable benefits, the current home decor trends and consumer preferences appear to lean towards PVC false ceilings. This is not very surprising given the impressive benefits of PVC.
Whereas the seamless look of the POP ceiling will sound very appealing, it pales in comparison to the wide variety of designs that PVC ceilings offer. Moreover, though POP ceilings will need regular touch-ups, PVC’s low maintenance and durability features triumph in the long run, thus making it a worthwhile investment.
Thus, PVC emerges as superior when the PVC vs POP debate for the false ceilings arises. However, the ultimate choice still will be governed by individual needs, budget, and aesthetic preferences.
Considering all the given points, doesn’t whether you choose a PVC or POP ceiling, the key focus should be to enhance the functionality and appeal of your living area. Remember that PVC provides much greater benefits with very few setbacks.
At the end of the day, your unique living space deserves a ceiling solution that meets its unique requirements perfectly. Do not hesitate to step into the world of PVC, you will surely appreciate the aesthetic charm that it adds to your home decor.